Mold Removal

Mold Damage? Call Flood Master Emergency Services!

While we almost never see it, mold is a naturally occurring substance in the environment. When mold spores enter the home and are exposed to excessive humidity or moisture and room temperatures, mold will quickly grow. Left undiscovered, it can cause structural damage and in some cases serious health problems. If you’ve discovered or suspect you have a mold problem, call the mold remediation and removal experts at Flood Master of St. George.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) website, “It is necessary to clean up mold contamination, not just to kill the mold. Dead mold is still allergenic, and some dead molds are potentially toxic.”At Flood Master of St. George, we are certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) or the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC) in mold remediation. We consult with indoor environmental professionals as required to determine the extent of the mold infiltration and remediation procedures. After we have completed the work, we use clearance tests to verify that the job was done properly.

Whether it’s called mold, mildew or black mold, Flood Master of St. George treats all types of mold problems, including those caused by the following:

  • Water damage
  • Leaking pipes, ceilings, roofs
  • Areas with high moisture and poor ventilation (bathrooms, storage areas)

Why Flood Master of St. George?

With our certified technicians, you will have peace of mind that the mold problem is removed quickly and correctly. As a result of the process, homeowners can experience an improvement in indoor air quality and reduced health risks.

The Facts about Mold:

  • 24 to 48 hours for mold to start to grow
  • Potential health risks and symptoms from mold exposure; including allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
  • Mold can grow on almost any type of material if moisture is present
  • The key to mold control is moisture control
  • The longer it grows the more damage it can cause
  • Mold infestation can cause the value of your home or building to drop tremendously
  • If it has not been cleaned and treated through proper remediation efforts, it may not be inhabitable.

My landlord or builder will not take any responsibility for cleaning up the mold in my home. Where can I go for help?

If you feel your property owner, landlord, or builder has not been responsive to concerns you’ve expressed regarding mold exposure, you can contact your local board of health or housing authority. Applicable codes, insurance, inspection, legal, and similar issues about mold generally fall under state and local (not federal) jurisdiction. You could also review your lease or building contract and contact local or state government authorities, your insurance company, or an attorney to learn more about local codes and regulations and your legal rights. CDC does not have enforcement power in such matters, nor can we provide you with advice. You can contact your county or state health department about mold issues in your area to learn about what mold assessment and remediation services they may offer. You can find information on your state’s Indoor Air Quality program at http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/airpollution/indoor_air.htm.